a mo an

Thursday, December 15, 2005


AeonFlux
My Rating: **
Cast: Charlize Theron, Marton Csokas, Jonny Lee Miller
Genre: Action, Adventure
Would have given it one * if not for some credits for commendable sound and computer effects. When I saw the trailers, I told myself, I am not going to watch this movie! I did anyway due to some unforseen circumstances!
Me and a colleague was supposed to be watching "Zathura" that evening of 13 Dec 05 but only to realize at the last minute that it's not showing in cinemas anymore!
Still we rushed down to Plaza Sing, next door to my office, to try our luck. Looking at the mad school holiday queue, I thought we won't expect much luck .
Since we were there oredi, we decided to settle on "Perhaps Love" starring Takeshi Kaneshiro and Jacky Cheung.
SOLD OUT!! There goes our 2nd choice.
Counter lady by now looked visibly irritated. How rude! Is it our fault that their tickets are sold out?
We learnt something new though.
For those who don't know, Plaza Sing Golden Village actually screens what you called "Surprise Screening". Screened every Tue 7 pm and tickets are going at $5 (Normal Price $7). Their clue reads:
Leave your worries behind, sit back, relax and be entertained with a movie of
our choice. The movie shown has never been screened for public session at the
cinema before. Go on, do something different... * The rating for this movie is
PG. Genre: Comedy. Hint: Especially for ladies.
Even the "Surprised Screening" was sold out! Colleague doesn't watch horror. So SAW II was out of Question. I have watched both Chicken Little and Prime. Now how, brown cow?
That was how we settled on our 4th choice - AeonFlux.
Ok, so I digressed.

I was supposed to talk about the movie. But I felt the need to explain the reason of watching a movie I swore I would never watch. Let me summarize AeonFlux in a few words.
Adolescent movie.
Very noisy.
Concentrates on showing every curve of Charlize Theron's figure.
Even, Golden Village own movie critic has not much to say about this movie:
Charlize Theron stars as Aeon Flux, kick-ass secret
agent of the
future, who is sent to assassinate a government leader and
finds herself in a
Byzantine world of intrigue and trouble.

...... the one who is looking forward to my steak sandwich for lunch tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home