a mo an

Wednesday, October 03, 2007




Jitong

I recently came across a house I'd designed about 3 or 4 years ago, built from a sketch I did, but which I never saw being built, or whether indeed they had built it, and it was a pleasant surprise to find it in finished form. It brought back some memories, some nice, some not so nice, and I'm not sure I would ever design something as heavy-handed as this again. My taste has evolved somewhat, but it was a worthwhile experiment at the time, when I wanted to screen off the front facade from the car porch and evening sun. It was a speculative project, meaning built for sale, and you gambling on whether it would find a buyer. Anyhow, I'm glad to see it built and occupied.

Chup

Anyways, as a post script; here's the sketch from that liberal-marker-pen era...

2 Comments:

Blogger chuplin said...

I read the article twice but still don't understand why it is titled "Jitong". Why, dear?

...the confused one

11:21 AM, November 14, 2007  
Blogger chuplin said...

because the house is on a road named "jitong". hee hee...

10:07 PM, November 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home