a mo an

Thursday, March 13, 2008




































Dragonflies and Birds
There was an hour of sunshine this morning, so I walked to the pond next to my block again. I came across 6 monitor lizards over the space of 50m. They must have missed the sun a lot. The White-throated Kingfisher was on the same tree and same branch, so I tried to get a better shot this time. Saw the Yellow-vented Bulbul again, peering out the tree beside my block. Also on a flower bed nearby was the Olive-backed Sunbird (bottom 2 shots), a tiny fella of 11cm. Its "metalic" blue upper breast means this is a male. It has a very long tongue that it uses to lick the nectar from the flowers. I saw the Yellow Bittern too, but by the time the camera's autofocus worked, it had gone behind the reeds...

Chup

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did you get this dressing table? I really like it!

12:22 AM, May 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home