a mo an

Wednesday, December 06, 2006








Sentosa Outing

It took a long time for Lin to organised a 3-couple outing so in order not to disappoint anyone, it was squeezed between a tennis game in the morning and a musical performance at 3.30pm. Effectively, we had 2 hours in Sentosa on the afternoon of 2 Dec. Pei had the bright idea of telling the sentry she was going in to meet her wedding planner, called "James", a common enough name, and she was let in without charge! Shh... Keep it to yourself.

So what did we do there? Well, there's this new attraction, a "luge" ride winding down a gentle slope in a low wheel-cart that is totally reliant on gravity, and then taking a cable car ride back to the top again. When I first heard the word, "Have you tried the luge?", I thought there was a "deluge", so I thought it was something wet, of the kind Noah experienced, and I brought a change of clothing. "Why'd ya bring that?" Lin asked of my extra T-shirt and shorts. "We won't be getting wet?" "Of course not!" As it turned out, it was entirely land-based, and "luge" is a Swiss noun for "a light toboggan (sledge) ridden in a sitting position." It's actually meant for snow rides, but here, it's just winding tarmac, and the brakes are controlled by either lowering or rising the handle bars. It's quite fun, but over in about a minute.

Then the vertiginous ride back up the hilltop. I hate that. I hate it that they do not strap us up; it's just you on a seat and a single bar hung loosely across you waist. Lin was not bothered at all, but I suspect that's because she's not as tall as me. "Take photos of the view behind, dear", she said. I gave her the camera so I could hold onto the bar with both hands. Ain't no way I was gonna recklessly turn my neck backwards and make the chair rock unnecessarily. Did I say; I would hate that! "Chickadeedo!" my endearing wife said. For a second, I entertained the thought of posting the close-up photo of her pimple onto this blog, then thought I should value my life a little more, and am hereby declaring that no such photo exist. "Chickadeedo," she repeated aptly. Closer to the station, I got my courage back to take the shot below. The luge thingy is what you see hanging below the cable cars...

Earlier, I snapped another happy shot of Val flashing her toothy smile. And the group shot above before we began our mini adventure... It was a nice afternoon.

Chup

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come there's no picture of the 'luge'?

10:39 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger chuplin said...

Especially for venny, a photo of the Luge ride has been added for her viewing pleasure. We snapped this from the cable car.

...the one who would like to eat wanton noodle for lunch

2:47 PM, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahhaha, thanks! Will watch for luge when we go to the mountain :D

5:41 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger chuplin said...

Val looks really good in the photo leh. Don't u think?

...the one who smells burning smell!

5:03 PM, December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree!

5:03 PM, December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yoh, I wanted to log on the blog and also comment about how good Val looks in the pic but our dear Lin has already added it in for me.

Val: You shuld blow this pic up, picture perfect!

5:18 PM, December 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh?!!I was just thinking to myself that I look so fat!! With my double chin and all showing.......haha....

11:17 AM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home