a mo an

Friday, December 16, 2005


















CHICKEN LITTLE
My Rating: ***
Genre: Comedy Animation

I am sure many are attracted to this movie because of the aggressive publicity prior to the launch. The unforgettable ChickenDance screened before every movie, that says:

Before we begin the movie,

There is one last thing.

We need you to do...

Then came Chicken Little dancing frantically with the familiar song, mayaheee... mayahooo... maya ah ahh ahhhhh ahhhhhhh.......

After seeing this trailer, I guarantee everyone will immediately fall in love with that cute little chicken with his oversized brown pants and skinny chicken legs.

The show was rather disappointing to me though. I watched it on 3 Dec 2005 along with my little cousins and a visiting friend from Canada at Yishun Golden Village.

The animation is adorable, and some parts of the show deserve some chuckles. Scenes like how Chicken Little is strapped onto the back seat of his father's car with the oversized seat belt was quite hilarious. The beginning of the show was quite funny but I started losing it somewhere in the middle. Nodding off every now and then. (Then again, I nod off even in Harry Porter and Lord of the Rings...)

But overall, I find the story line rather weak. On top of that, I was rather turned off by the deep low voice of Chicken Litte. He is supposed to be a little chikinnnnnnnn....

I guess you can wait for the DVD to be released for a little home entertainment. For those with little children, my cousins love the show though.

...... the one who is looking forward to my steak sandwich for lunch later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home