a mo an

Monday, April 09, 2007

Din Tai Fung, which is gaining popularity in Singapore now has 4 outlets: Paragon Shopping Centre (the Pioneer), Raffles City, St James Power House (24-hour pub next to Vivo City) and the latest one at Wisma Atria.

I remember queueing for more than an hour just to get a table when they opened their 1st and only outlet in Paragon.

I was taken by surprise when I ate again at Din Tai Fung earlier this year. They are actually rated "World's Top 10 restaurants" by New York Times! To me, they are not bad, but I didn't know they are that great!



The 2 must-haves for me are:






sea weed appetizer with vinegar




and of course, the famous Xiao Long Bao which is said to have at least 18 folds on each dumpling. Each dumpling has delicate skin which contains the broth and the meat filling. They are all to be served in perfection, with the broth intact within the dumpling. Otherwise, it would be a one to one replacement.

As for the rest of the dumplings, I have tried and I don't think they are anything great. Especially the sweet ones, filled with red bean or yam. Once cold, they taste like rubber! That was my 1st and last time trying them.

... the one who didn't know that Din Tai Fung is that popular

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home