a mo an

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Cheesecake Cafe @ East Coast
Rating: ***1/2
Add: 685 East Coast Road Frankel Estate
Ave Price: S$15 per person
Ate here some 2 years ago based on recommendation from a friend from the east. Just before I posted this, I was surfing on the net trying to get their address. And I was surprised to see the reviews posted online about this cafe, mostly condemning their poor service.

Apparently, there is this rule here that each customer must order a min of 1 item. Whether you are hungry or full. If you are full, in line with the policy, then order an item to go. I have heard of "No Sharing" Policy for restaurants serving Buffets, but such 1-customer-1-item rule is definitely my first.

Hhmmm... for me the experience was neither bad nor great. Like many others, I was impressed by the effort put into the decor. I can see the owner loves anything Victorian... Passionately in love!

The cheesecake was good but also not considered to-die-for. It would be fairer if I had a chance to try other flavours but east coast is a tat too far for me to be visiting them more often.

I was also stopped from taking photographs of the place nor the cakes. It puzzled me too because all I wanted to do was to introduce the place to other friends reading my blog. So I had to 'secretly' take these photos... Pardon the poor quality.

On one of the reviews, a Celia Ng recommended another Cafe near the same area. To her, it is spectacular!! You can give it a shot too:
Chezcake Bistro
328 Joo Chiat Road
#01-05
63466466

...the one who hopes to try Chezcake Bistro soon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am Cannice, owner of Chezcake Bistro. I read abt your comment and would like to extend an invitation to you and your friends to join us on the 28th August, from 3 pm to 7 pm, this coming Saturday at our bistro to try Singapore first ever cheesecakes buffet. This event only extend to our regular customers or facebook members. At a introduction price of $18+ per pax, you can savour 18 of our lastest creations like Durian, magarita lime, lychee martini, yam, pumpkin cheesecakes. In addition, at this price, we also include a pot of infuse tea or a cup of coffee. This is a supervalue promotion hence only extend to our regular customers, a way to show our appreciation for their support they given to us all these years. If you are keen, feel free to call us at 63466 466.

1:38 AM, August 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home