a mo an

Wednesday, May 24, 2006


Future Dates

Some energetic young people have organized an exhibition and forum that deals with the theme of “PLACES” and this will be held in the National Library Building from 3 -17 Jun. On 10th Jun, there will be a forum to discuss about architecture’s place in a community or society at large, and I’ll be one of 3 speakers that evening. The other 2 speakers are established academicians from Hong Kong and Singapore, so I’ll be taking the position of a practitioner rather than something too exclusive. We've also gotten my students to contribute some exhibits for the exhibition and they've been quite enthusiatic so far. I think it’ll be fun and I’m looking forward to it. Invites have been sent out, and they are targeting to have at least 150 persons for the Forum. That’ll be wonderful; except that I’m skeptical that the final, actual attendance will be near what we hope for. The reason is THE competition we face. You see, 10th June will be the second day the World Cup is on, and scheduled at exactly 9.00pm local time that evening will be England’s first match against Paraguay. Singapore is unusually fixated with the English football team. Most are even mad enough to believe England will win the World Cup, and say so on the radio. Privately, I want to watch the match too, not least for the pleasure of seeing how England flounders. So maybe if the Forum ends on schedule, I’ll walk over to Chijmes and catch the action, if there are still seats left!

Chup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home