a mo an

Monday, February 05, 2007


My Fair Lady - the Musical
Rating: ***
Venue: Esplanade Singapore

Watched on 10 Jan 2007 with Li, Bur, Wil and Chup. We were split 3 on one side and 2 on the other at the circle seats. For the price we paid (about S$40), it was definitely worth the money.

The title of the musical is "My FAIR Lady" but the lady we had was far from "FAIR". She was rather old and her boyfriend looks so young, she can be his mother!
The other problem we had were the 2 very sweaty main casts. Dark sweaty hunks would be a different story altogether but these two were rather old, plump and saggy... :@

Apart from that, the singing was great. The songs were familiar and close to the heart and it'd be irresistible to sing along with the cast.

... the one who didn't realize that this post has not been published yet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you a lot for this post! The Musical brought me to life once. I was about 40 y.o. and my boyfriend was much younger than me. We were tired of incomprehension. They all disapproved our relations. One day my soul mate, parents and I went to that musical. All actors were the same you have described. When that "Fair" lady appeared, all of us started giggling. I don't know why my mom and dad developed a passion for the musical, but after they relented. Now I'm happy with my boyfriend, we are going to marry each other, and our friends and parents root us indeed!

12:10 PM, July 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home