a mo an

Tuesday, December 25, 2007







730 square feet

On 23 Dec 2007 our 730 sqft apartment hosted 16 souls to a soto party, starting at 4pm and ending at 9pm.

This is a quotation taken from the young Henri Cartier-Bresson: "I went to Marseille. A small allowance enabled me to get along, and I worked with enjoyment. I had just discovered the Leica. It became the extension of my eye, and I have never been separated from it since I found it. I prowled the streets all day, feeling very strung-up and ready to pounce, determined to "trap" life-- to preserve life in the act of living. Above all, I craved to seize the whole essence, in the confines of one single photograph, of some situation that was in the process of unrolling itself before my eyes." (italics mine)

These are 3 out of over 100 shots in my attempt to preserve a slice of life over an afternoon in an apartment I've lived in for 12 years, and which we will be vacating in about a week or 2. It has become too small for our needs, and we'll have to move on...

Chup

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I wish I could be there...

1:27 PM, December 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lost after leica

Good luck on the new house. I was drooling over Lin's description of the greenery and the lake. Have to visit again soon!

8:56 PM, January 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will post a blog on the new place soon... after i unpack, go to the lake, etc..
Chup

8:50 PM, January 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home