a mo an

Monday, April 14, 2008

Greater Racket-tailed Drongo
I was caught out in the rain while walking through Kent Ridge Park just now, and suddenly the leaves of an undergrowth moved. I peered in and out came a greater racket-tailed drongo. I was thrilled. It's rare to find this bird outside of primary forest area. It stayed on the branch for a while before flying off. It has tremendous singing ability, or shall I say sound-making ability. I wasn't carrying my camera, but this shot was taken at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve on 26 Mar, where it was making the mechanical noises of an ambulance! It's the same bird, glossy black with 2 elongated tail feathers (though not clear in my photo). That brings to 28 the number of species I've seen at Kent Ridge Park.

Chup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home