a mo an

Tuesday, December 19, 2006




Cold and Wet Weekend

We drove up Fraser's Hill last weekend. My father has just turned 69 two days before (15 Dec) and my aunt and cousin's family was up in KL too. So we decided we can get away up to the mountains for a night and the 9 of us went up in 2 cars. My last visit to Fraser's Hill was 1982, some 24 years ago. Lin has never been up there. I'm too tired to say much about it now, but I do want to post some photos. It was one of my most pleasurable and scenic drive. Fraser's Hill is about 100km from KL, and it takes about 2-2.5 hours to reach the top (the average driving speed at the top is 40km/hr). For the last stretch, the sky was heavy with clouds and fog. At some places, we could see only 20m in front. Once we got up there, everyone's mood was jovial. Father joked and laughed a lot. He was having a grand time. The temperature was a cool 20 deg C in the day and 18 deg C at night. But it rained from late evening onwards, and the wind was strong, so it was really much colder than the thermometer's reading. It was perfect for mahjong or reading. More later...
Chup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home