a mo an

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My turn to bid Con Te Partiro

After having written about others' farewell notes, it is now my turn to publish my own farewell note to my company. It was with mixed emotions that I left. Feeling of heavy heartedness of leaving behind all the friends, familiarity and great welfare. Yet I was also excited about the prospects and challenges of my new company. And my farewell email conveyed my exact feelings. I would try to reproduce word by word, to the closest resemblance, the goodbye email that I sent to my fellow ex-colleagues, of whom, many have become my great friends that I would miss dearly.














Here you go...
__________________________________________________

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 3:30:35 PM
Subject: Con te Partiro (Part 2)

Hello everyone.








Yes, if you have spent that extra effort to click around this email, this message will be "revealed" to you :)







Otherwise also good, then my farewell to you will be as invisible as can be. After all, it is always hard to say good bye.









Today marks my last day with the IPB Family.



Leaving with a heavy heart, I will be dragging my Red Samsonite traveller luggage,
which I won after opening many many Travellers accounts.






See..., that's the thing about IPB.

I don't think there is anywhere else where staff gets to win Samsonite cabin luggage,

or get May Day Treat from morning to lunch to teatime,

or get fruits every week,

or get Birthday present & greeting yearly from Big Boss,

or get Oto Bodycare products with unbeatable discounts...

These are all the things that I'd miss & remember fondly when I leave. Things that I would proudly announce & show off to my new colleagues.



Most of all, I would be missing the great friends that I have made during my 3 years stay in IPB.









Special thanks to Sam for giving me the opportunity to contribute and learn in CAT Team. IPB is probably the best place in Citibank Singapore. And CAT is probably the best place in IPB.




Thanks to my lovely team mates, the support team, my endearing IPB partners in Indonesia, and most importantly all my IPB'ian friends that I have worked with before.
You were always there during happy times and tough times. Just like married couples, we bicker and we patch up.



Please continue to stay in touch.

My mobile will remain the same: 9*******,
and my email will be l***s******@yahoo.com

... the one who will be missing you lots:

L*** L***
__________________________________________________

After I sent out the email, I got worried that my colleagues won't realize I have left even after 3 years later. So Wil promised to send out another email for clarification. This is what Wil had to say... Thanks, pal :)
__________________________________________________

From: Wil
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 4:01 PM

Dear friends,

For those still trying to decipher L***'s farewell message,
please press Ctrl-A.....
Here's wishing L*** all the best and hats off to her creativity....
Have a good weekend everyone....

Wil
__________________________________________________

...the one who is feeling sad all over again about leaving my dearest friends. No fret, no fret. I, no, we would try our very best to stay in touch, ok? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home