a mo an

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Essential Essentials

These photos were taken a long time back when my ex-colleagues and I went for karaoke followed by an ice cream session at Serangoon Gardens after work. I commented why some of them can survive with teeny handbags while others bring a luggage to office. Aren't we all ladies? Don't we have quite similar essentials?

Inspired by V's blog, I decided I too shall unveil the secret that Men has always been wondering about. What the hell do their girlfriends/wives carry in their handbags??

So my ex-colleagues gamely surrender their handbags for my yet another weird survey. After being colleagues for 3 years, they are quite used to my eccentricities by now. Just to digress a bit, I've conducted surveys on them asking questions like:
1. Do they shower in the morning?
2. Are they still a "V"?
3. How often do they change their undies?
4. Do their man place their "brother" in upward or downward position under normal circumstances... and etc etc.
Those were the days... How I miss these colleagues of mine. It is very difficult to establish true friendship in an office setting. But in that ex-office I managed to. Amazing but true. Till now, eventhough I have moved on, we still catch up and talk like old friends whenever we see each other.

Like I said, I digressed.

Alright, I have 6 specimens altogether. For their privacy, I don't question the owners what are the items inside their bags. I just put everything out and take a photograph. So anything unknown to me shall be labelled "Unidentified" :) Of course if you happen to be the owner and would like me to label these "Unidentified" objects correctly or if I have labelled anything incorrectly, you are free to let me know discreetly. I would then make necessary amendments.

Now, sit back and enjoy... and tell me: Which type of handbag are you?

PS: You can click on each photograph to have a clearer view.


1. Prayer book
2. 3 cheque books
3. Takashimaya vouchers
4. Unidentified zip lock
5. Rosary
6. Handphone
7. Tissue paper
8. Sanitary pad (Don't say yucks! We are women who bore you your children)
9. Coin pouch
10. Mickey mouse notebook
11. Key pouch
12. Pen
13. Another pouch
14. Bunch of keys


This bag belongs to someone who is travelling overseas. This probably explains the numerous pouches for different currencies coins and the other 'extras'. It probably doesn't represent her 'daily handbag' when she is not travelling.
1. Hand fan
2. Medicated Oil
3. Pouch of money and pieces of paper
4. Cotton buds
5. Used boarding pass
6. Inflatable pillow
7. Comb
8. Unidentified
9. Shower Cap
10. Pouch
11. Rosary
12. Another pouch
13. Unidentified
14. Pouch no 3
15. Pouch no 4
16. Plastic bag of medication


1. Umbrella
2. Tissue paper
3. Pouch of makeup
4. Namecard
5. Handphone pouch
6. Coin pouch
7. Comb
8. Wallet
9. Notebook
10. Unidentified




1. Wallet
2. PDA
3. Notebook
4. Sweets (essential for bad breath, hunger and fainting spells)
5. MP3 player
6. Hand and body moisturizer
7. Compact powder
8. Tissue paper
9. Makeup pouch
10. Namecard holder
11. Pens


1. Phamplets and discount coupons
2. Newspapers
3. Diary
4. 3 packets of tissue paper
5. Wallet
6. Makeup pouch
7. Unidentified pink object
8. Water bottle
9. Sweets
10. Another pouch
11. Bunch of keys
12. Handphone







1. Novel
2. Unidentified
3. Pouch
4. Scribbled notes
5. Bunch of keys
6. iPod
7. Wallet
8. Sweets

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed our exhibits. Please come again. Goodbye...

...the one who's going to the National Museum to view the Greek Masterpiece soon. Last day today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home