a mo an

Wednesday, June 07, 2006



938 Live

Went to Caldecott Hill this afternoon for a radio interview about this Saturday’s Forum. It’s my first time on radio, and the interview was over in 15 minutes, but it was fun and I wished it could’ve gone on longer. The channel was 938 Live, and the lunch time segment was hosted by Eugene Loh and Melanie Oliveiro, who were both in the booth at the time. There’s a table with a few mikes, and you sit across the presenters, and when the red light comes on, you're “on air”. I’d imagine Eugene to be a much older person, because he has this ongoing “Slice of Life” program which dishes out some words of wisdom everyday, so I’d expected someone who looks like an elderly pastor behind that voice. But no, he’s very young, rather skinny and geeky. Melanie gets on Channel News Asia’s morning show once a week to review the movies, so hers is a familiar face. Their versatility was amazing. One minute it was serious stock-market numbers, and then it was a light-hearted quiz on X-Men, then traffic news, then news, etc. They were verbal acrobats juggling callers and ads, and banters between themselves. Compared to them, the DJs of classical 92.4 are on perpetual holiday! Very professional. Fantastic voices.

As for my interview, I wasn’t given any questions earlier (not that I’d expected any), so it was an impromptu chat. The slightly unnerving thing was that it was live, so I had to anticipate some questions, and just go with the flow. Eugene asked me about the IR at Marina Bay, and I said, “Every society gets the architecture it deserves.” Time will show whether it’s good architecture, but the chances are good that it will be.

Chup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home