a mo an

Monday, March 06, 2006



















Goodbye Nissan, Hello Lancer

And we're gonna miss you a lot... Just made a booking for the Mitsubishi Lancer 3 hours ago. It'll be the first time Lini and I will be getting a new car altogether. The Nissan March has been bought 2nd hand, something I regret now. Being 2nd hand, the resale value is lower and the dealer we bought it from had also given us recycled tires which we weren't aware of until it nearly caused us an accident last month. But the car itself has been great! I love its high headroom and wide windscreen. When you drive it, you don't see the bonnet and it's just you and the road. It helps that it's actually higher than the Lancer.

The data is Nissan's 1524mm height and 1661mm width versus the Lancer's 1430mm height and 1695mm width. In length, the sedan Lancer will be almost 800mm longer than the Nissan, so Lini may have to improve her parallel parking skills. And though I grumble about the leg room, the Nissan is still better than most stylish compact continental car. (I got into a Renault hatchback 2 nights ago and felt thoroughly imprisoned. In fact, getting in was itself a risky affair because I knocked my head against the door sill.) Its design was outstanding in 2003, when it first appeared. Nowadays, it's a pretty common sight, and its novelty has worn off. I'm also beginning to fret about its 1.2L engine...

But the car is only 3 years old, and only in Singapore is that considered an old age for a car. Sadly, the economics of COE rebate and current low price of COE compel us to get a new car. So, out goes a well-loved car and by the middle of April, we ought to have our new, black body, beige-leather seats, 1.6L Lancer. But for this month or so, I'll cherish the Nissan for all it's worth.

Chup

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O? The cute nissan will be going? How sad...

Why a lancer? And where is Lini?

8:46 PM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger chuplin said...

lini has become the international woman of mystery. she was in Medan and Pekan Baru 2 weeks ago, and now, she's in Medan again. Tomorrow she flies to Surabaya. the Lancer was the very cheapest Japanese sedan we could get, and more sporty than the uncle-looking nissan sunny. :-)

10:41 PM, March 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Glad you didn't get the Nissan Sunny(Though its a reliable and unassuming car). The Lancer definitely performs better and is aesthetically more pleasing.But becareful not to do it up too much,lest it attracts the unwanted attention of a green eyed car scratcher!

Can't wait to see the picture of your car when it arrives.

3:25 PM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup yup. It's a very nice car indeed, especially when you're considering the price. I thought we had exactly the same car, but nope. Mine is 1.3L only -- find it quite irritating when you want to race :D. It's Mitsubishi Lancer GL, not GLX (which I think yours type). Same color, Deep Blue Mica. I got the car on 11 May 06 with 36,500 dirham only -- about USD 10,000(and I haven't even paid the first installment yet ;p). It's pretty easy to buy a car here. You don't need any down payment. You can even install the insurance fee. I was sooo close to buy a Honda City. Lucky me I didn't. It is more expensive with less feature. No central lock and no power window and also they don't have the blue color that I like (the sky blue like your old Nissan). Hhhhmm... but the city has the CD Player -- which was quite tempting.

Anyway... I've made my mind and I don't regret it. The first time I have my own car, and it's BRAND new also. Ha ha.. =)

4:48 AM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger chuplin said...

wow! How nice! so your car is 1/4 the price it would be in singapore. Yeah, must have felt really good to own your very own car!!! U mean ur car now doesn't have cd player? Hmm... is mine GLX? I don't even know. Let me check tmrow...

...the one who can't believe weekend is over!!!

7:53 PM, May 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home