a mo an

Thursday, February 14, 2008


More Results
Here are more shots from the new toy today. It's our family reunion cum Valentine's Day dinner.
The first shot is a try-out on the D300's "multiple exposure" mode. It's what film cameras could do, but the D300 allows this now and the exposure is automatically adjusted and compensated digitally.
The second shot is an ordinary family portrait, except I had the multiple focussing points on and I forgot about it; so the result is Lin and I are more "in-focus" than those in the centre of the photo. Can't blame the camera; it was just being intelligent. I've tried the camera's "live view" feature as well, and it's a dream come true for architectural photography. I can now check that all lines are accurate before taking the shot, instead of cursing after I've downloaded and scrutinised them.
Nikon has also fixed that stupid problem which the D70 had: all the images have numbers that restart from 1 after you download the photos. Canon never had that, and the D300 has banished that now.
Chup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home