a mo an

Saturday, December 29, 2007




































Best of 2007

2 years ago, I posted a blog on some end-of-year selection of photos that meant something to me. This time round, I have less to choose from, because Lin and I hardly travelled this year. But other things make up for it; family, friends and quite a case-load in career. They were moments that weren't captured in photos, or if they were, didn't have any merit. Or else, things happened overseas, like O getting PR in Japan and S graduating in digital media with distinction in UK, and Y holding solo art exhibition in KL. But photographs are again an important part of my life because I had to teach 2 classes on its art this year. I was also able to test out the full-frame Canon 5D and use the Nikkor 70-200 lens (the macro shot above). The wedding shot was with the Canon 5D. After testing it a few times, in some instances side by side with my Nikon, I've decided that Canon's default colour is just too reddish (even after adjustments) and I'll stick with Nikon's more naturalistic rendering. Some photos made me money, like the atrium shot above, while the photo of the blue bench and dried leaves was my own attempt at an assignment topic I had set for my students. The only travel I made was to Jakarta in Mar, and K took me around the old town (bottom photo) on a motorbike. As I write this we are busy preparing to move house. Hopefully 2008 will be as kind to us all as 2007 had been.

Chup

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

Where is the house with the pool? That looks like my dream house!

8:52 PM, January 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a house designed by a friend. he has his own practice now, and is emerging as one of the more thoughtful talents around. i was going to write about him later on, as soon as my holidyas start.
Chup

8:54 PM, January 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home