a mo an

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Li no more after the 19th Dec 2006

It's time to say goodbye to Li. Well, not exactly goodbye but no more of her when I turn my head to the right across the office, no more of this tall girl who would stroll to Bratwurst every morning to get her latte with "one sugar" she'd say, and of course no more offers in the middle of a car ride that says: "Curlers, anyone?". Although I won't see her no more in the office, I certainly hope to still see her often when I am out of office and when I am in Indonesia.

It was a great experience having travelled the Mediterranean with her. I am glad she had many "first times" during the trip, such as, first time learning to play chor tai tee (card game called "Big Two") and being very good at it, first time trekking on donkey-dung-filled-path at Santorini, first time learning to fold a peacock with towels, first time going for non-packaged tour holiday, first time that no transport arrangement is made to fetch her at the airport, first time carrying a Charles & Keith bag, first time joining a cruise, and here in the photo taken at a restaurant in Centrepoint Singapore, first time eating beef horfun (she has lived in Singapore for 6 years!)

Would definitely miss having Li around. She is probably the most patient and good-natured lady I have ever known. I have never seen her angry before. That's how she earned her nickname, Angel.

To remember this special ocassion, I shall immortalize her farewell email to us before she left to embrace her tai-tai life. Of course, certain important and private information has been masked for confidentiality and the security of my job.

...the one who'd be missing Li's doo do do... dooo do do... - the sound she makes when she is in a good chirpy mood

---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Li
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:13 PM
To: SG Team

Subject:

Dear all,
Today is my last day at ___ as I will be leaving Singapore and returning to Indonesia. I would like to sincerely thank ___, ___ and ___ for the wonderful opportunity given to me to serve the team. To my unit heads and colleagues, a warm thank you for all the guidance, support and most of all, friendship. I am not good at saying goodbyes, so, I will end this note by wishing everyone all the very best. Please keep in touch and Happy Holidays!!

Sincerely, Li
HP: (65)___ Indo HP: (62)81___ Email: ___@hotmail.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will missed dialing ext 3451 on 3 times a day basis if I feel bored or down....

def will missed li!!! hiks...but for her own future happiness, I wish her all her dreams comes true

See ya in jkt my fren...

From someone who fell on the donkey dung in Santorini....=)

10:18 AM, January 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is soooo sweet!! :)
I have always enjoyed reading your blog but to be featured in it.. I love it..!! thank you..

Doo Doo Doooo.. Doo Doo Doooo..

10:54 AM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger chuplin said...

Pleasure pleasure... This will serve as a good reminder to keep in touch with each other :)

PS: Chup is very eager to see your mom's painting studio

...the one who just came back from her weekly exercise at the gym

3:08 PM, January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home